A struggle for a simpler life captured with a camera

czwartek, 16 października 2014

,

Teacups and memories


I'm not much of a collector. Since most of my belongings have been destroyed in a flood that happened a couple a year ago in the area where my parents have a house I've learned not to get too attached to things. I briefly mourned my pink Game Boy Color. Sometimes I forget all about the flood and expect to find a particular book or piece of garment only to realise it's been destroyed, but that's it.

However, I still have a particular fondness of beautiful teacups. I might not be terribly attached to them, but I like to think of the stories they convey. The Oldemor one (oldemor means grandmother in Norwegian and it has nothing to do with Voldemort) reminds me of a great year I have spent in Oslo, Norway. The wide white one was the first one I bought after moving to a new flat. The one with the flowers is form my aunt who lives in Berlin, where I used to spend summer holidays as a teenager. So if you're looking for a birthday present for me, get me a teacup. It will remind me of you.

1 komentarz:

  1. przpiekny tytuł baaardzo pasuje do tekstu bede pamietac o tej filiżance na urodziny hahaha

    OdpowiedzUsuń

Search This Blog