A struggle for a simpler life captured with a camera

poniedziałek, 1 kwietnia 2013

, , , ,

Prepared horseradish

When it comes to Easter food this year, for me it was all about the homemade prepared horseradish. My parents used to make their own one since I can remember (horseradish grows in their garden and it looks like a rather unattractive weed), but I was usually quite indifferent – just not my taste. But this year I started dreaming about a horseradish a couple of weeks before Easter. Maybe because I had changed my diet, or maybe because the weather is more like Christmas and I'm all like SPRING-PLEASE-COME-NOW. So on Holy Saturday I joined my parents to make the prepared horseradish together. It turns out it's super easy.
  1. You need: two horseradish roots, sour cream, lemon juice (1 lemon is just enough), honey or agava syrup (1 spoon) (and yes you can use sugar, but we know sugar is bad and it's better to go for a healthier substitute).
  2. Peel and grate the horseradish. (At this point everybody starts crying, because it's even worse than cutting onion.) Sprinkle it with lemon juice immediately, so that it keeps it's nice white color.
  3. Add sour cream and honey as you please. The more sour cream you use, the milder the dip becomes. We went for extra spicy.
You can keep it in the fridge for a couple of days. It's super healthy, it's good for your digestion, makes you feel fresh and helps you breathe. And tastes good with eggs, so it's perfect for Easter, obviously.


0 komentarze:

Prześlij komentarz

Search This Blog